The improvement of electricity supply is of paramount importance to all stakeholders in the energy sector. The Energy Division of NEWPLAN Limited specializes in promoting energy/electricity supply.
The Division comprises 3 Departments that offer innovative solutions in regard to energy problems. It offers expertise in all phases of planning, design, construction, operation, maintenance, and management of generation, transmission, distribution, and supply of electricity.
- Hydropower and Generation
This Department handles issues of Electricity generation in various forms as well as Hydropower development.
- Transmission and Distribution
This Deals with Electricity transmission and distribution, including design and supervision of power-line construction; for both high and low-voltage lines.
- Alternative Energy
This department manages development of other forms of renewable energy (besides Hydropower) including Solar, Wind, Biomass and Geothermal
Fields of Expertise
- Hydropower Development
- Power Transmission & Distribution Systems.
- Rural Electrification Programs.
- Construction Supervision, Project Management and Capacity Building
- Renewable Energy Sources and Utilization.
- Feasibility Studies and Power Economics.
- Financial and Economic Analyses.
- Water resources planning and management
- Water for multi-purpose use
- River and watershed modelling
- Climate Change Impact Analysis
- River basin management